MASON CITY, Iowa - A private school in Florida is offering parents the chance to buy bulletproof panels for their kids.
Florida Christian Schools are selling them in order to provide protection to students.
One local teacher we spoke with says it's unsettling to think of kids needing a safety feature like that.
“It’s not something you would think of everyday. As a parent, I don't think you'd want to think about having a bulletproof panel in my backpack that would be the last thing that would cross my mind,” Brennan Fischer, a teacher from Garner-Hayfield-Ventura said.
The panels sell for $120.
- Bulletproof backpack panels an option for students
- Healthier Cooking Oil Options
- Rochester's Fall Commuter Challenge highlights new options
- Bringing more Kosher options to Rochester
- Austin elementary school gets money for backpack program
- Police: Man taken into custody after threatening business while wearing stolen bulletproof vest
- Report says tolls an option to rebuild I-80 in Iowa
- Weighing options on new region for mental health
- Two new flight destination options coming to Rochester
- City council approves construction option for the N. Broadway Project