MASON CITY, Iowa - According to Mason City police, two bodies were found this morning at a southwest Mason City location and a person is wanted as a material witness.
Police are looking for 25-year-old Codie Matz in connection to the investigation. A house is taped off is at 327 27th St. SW in Mason City.
Law enforcement believe Matz is driving a dark green 1996 Chrysler Sebring with license plate LE007.
Matz may be armed and suicidal.
He was last seen around 8 a.m. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call Mason City police at 641-421-3636.
At 7:43 this morning police conducted a welfare check at the residence. Upon making entry, officers found two bodies.
- Breaking: Man wanted after two bodies found in southwest Mason City
- Rollover southwest of Mason City
- Wanted Mason City man back in custody
- Water main break in Mason City
- Record-breaking bowling! Mason City man sets a new record
- Mason City man sentenced for breaking a woman's face
- Mason City man wanted for months turns himself in
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after abusing woman
- Update: Mason City man found deceased in Rockwell grain bin
- UPDATE: Service being restored after gas leak in southwest Mason City