Boy rescued from Rochester apartment fire

Officials say boy was alone when a kitchen grease fire started.

Posted: Feb. 1, 2018 8:43 PM
Updated: Feb. 1, 2018 8:58 PM

ROCHESTER, Minn. – A young boy was rescued from an apartment fire Thursday evening.

Rochester firefighters were called to 1701 41st Street NW after someone in the apartment complex reported seeing smoke in the hallway. The smoke was coming from a kitchen grease fire in one of the units.

Firefighters say a young boy who was sleeping in a back room had to be removed from the apartment through an upper window. The boy, who was alone in the apartment, refused medical treatment and officials say a family member came to get him.

This fire is under investigation.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
76° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 76°
Albert Lea
Clear
75° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 61°
Feels Like: 75°
Austin
75° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 75°
Charles City
Clear
77° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 61°
Feels Like: 79°
Rochester
Clear
72° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 72°
The heat and humidity will be sticking around for what will be just about an entirely dry weekend.
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Twins donate signed jersey to Rochester family

Image

Scholarships for Women in Construction

Image

Canvassing the Results

Image

Group Asks for Water Quality Legislation

Image

Mental Health First Aid Training

Image

KIMT StormTeam 3 Weather Forecast (8-17-18)

Image

Local Heroes Day

Image

Extra patrol on roadways

Image

Renting Chromebooks

Image

aretha franklin

Community Events