UPDATE: The Fillmore County Sheriff's Office says the water boil advisory for the City of Ostrander has been lifted by city officials and the Minnesota Department of Health.
OSTRANDER, Minn. – The city of Ostrander is under a boil advisory until further notice. Residents are being urged to boil any water before using it for consumption.
According to the Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office, this comes after the heater failed in the well house for the primary water supply and the piping is frozen. A backup/emergency well is being used for the time being but is disconnected as hasn’t been used for several years. The water will be tested Tuesday morning to determine if it is safe to use.
Stay with KIMT for the latest.
- UPDATE: Boil Advisory lifted for Ostrander
- UPDATE: Boil advisory lifted for Meservey
- Boil advisory in local town
- Golden Apple Award: Tiffany Timm, LeRoy-Ostrander
- Update: Storm pushing east but advisories still in effect
- Winter weather advisory in effect
- UPDATE: Tow bans lifted in Cerro Gordo and Worth counties
- Heat Advisory in effect this weekend
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Advisory extended to 6 p.m. for North Iowa