CHARLES CITY, Iowa - It was a rough time in Charles City. Logan Luft, 15, died after an ATV accident and was laid to rest. Luft was remembered as a great student, an avid runner and a star wrestler. He was a member of the Elite Takedown Club for several years, and that's where he met New Hampton wrestler Michael Millage.
Millage was a two-time individual state wrestling champion and was getting ready for his senior season with the Chickasaws.
When Millage heard about Logan's death, he asked the Luft family for a favor. He wanted to give Logan his two gold medals.
"I felt that's what he deserved, so I gave him some," says Millage.
So before the funeral, Millage met with the Luft family and put the medals in Logan's casket.
Click on the video tab for more on this incredible story of brotherhood on the wrestling mat.
- Best of 2017: Logan Luft and Michael Millage: the unbreakable wrestling bond
- Wrestling Tuff like Luft
- A special gift from Santa makes for unbreakable bond
- Best of 2017: State wrestling champions
- District wrestling preview
- State Wrestling Tournament Brackets
- Minnesota state wrestling- Saturday
- #1 Ellsworth outlasts NIACC wrestling
- Lookout for Lake Mills wrestling
- Minto returns to NIACC wrestling