ROCHESTER, Minn. – Police have identified the victims and the suspect in Saturday night’s fatal stabbings.
Officers were called to Castleview Apartments at 120 N. Broadway around 7:15 p.m. They arrived to find 57-year-old Phillip William Hicks and 45-year-old Eric Alan Flemming on the fourth floor of the building suffering from critical stab wounds. The Rochester Police Department says officers, firefighters and Gold Cross medics began lifesaving treatment and both men were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital, were they died around 8 pm.
An officer arriving at the scene saw a man trying to exit the building from a rear stairway. That man has been identified as 54-year-old Glenn Roger Johnson. He is being held in the Olmsted County Adult Detention Center on two counts of 2nd degree murder.
Police say all three men were residents at Castleview Apartments.
Previous story below
ROCHESTER - The Rochester Police Department is investigating a double stabbing at 120 N. Broadway in Rochester.
It happened around 7:15 pm Saturday night at the Castleview Apartments. Police say upon arrival they found two adult male victims on the 4th floor of the building suffering from critical stab wounds.
Both victims were transported to Saint Mary's Hospital where they were pronounced dead around 8:00 pm.
Officers say they were able to detain one male attempting to leave the scene who is believed to be the lone suspect in this incident. The names of the victims are in the process of being verified at this time.
Rochester P.D., Rochester Fire, and Gold Cross Medics are on scene.
KIMT has a reporter on the scene. Stick with KIMT for the latest as we continue to get additional information.
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings
- Neighbors react to Rochester fatal stabbings
- UPDATE: One person stabbed in southeast Rochester
- UPDATE: Man identified in fatal crash
- UPDATE: Fatal crash victim in Cerro Gordo Co. identified as Swaledale council member
- UPDATE: Driver identified in fatal Dodge County crash
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Cedar Falls collision
- One hurt after stabbing in SE Rochester
- Officers identified in fatal shooting of teenager