GILMAN, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 90-year-old man died in central Iowa after falling into a water well on Christmas Day.
The Marshalltown Times-Republican reports that first responders were sent to a property in rural Gilman around 9:10 a.m. Monday. Gilman Fire & Rescue says the man was pulled out around 20 minutes later from about 6 feet (2 meters) underground. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Authorities identified the man as Maurice Tufte. It's unclear what led to his falling into the well.
- Authorities say 90-year-old man died after falling into well
- Authorities say Iowa man dies after being pinned by machine
- Man charged in fatal fall through ice
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Man shot in Waterloo burglary has died
- Wykoff man dies in single-car accident
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Authorities arrest grandson in slaying of 84-year-old Iowa man
- Authorities asking for public's help to locate wanted man
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash