CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - The Clear Lake Fire Department responded to a reported house fire around 4:10 a.m. Saturday morning. They were called to a house in the 900 block of 7th Avenue North.
The Clear Lake Police Department was first on scene and saw heavy smoke showing from the roofline. When firefighters arrived, they entered through the back door and came across light smoke. They located the fire in the entry way wall and attic of the house.
Fire crews were on scene for about an hour and a half. Authorities say the probable cause of the fire is electrical failure.
No one was injured in the fire. Estimated damage is over $25,000.
The Clear Lake Fire Department was assisted on scene by the Clear Lake Police Department, Ventura Fire Department, and Alliant Energy.
- Authorities respond to house fire in Clear Lake
- Mobile home fire in Clear Lake
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- Clear Lake homeowners after barn fire: 'Everything is gone'
- Huge weekend for Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Clear Lake man sentenced for federal fraud
- Clear Lake Chamber announces annual awards