MASON CITY, Iowa – The Mason City Police Department says the driver who struck a tree Monday morning has died.
The crash happened around 8:31 am at the intersection of 4th Street NW and North Madison. Officials say the driver of a pickup truck was taken to Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa, where he died. The police department says the driver was experiencing some kind of medical emergency when officers arrived on scene and that is apparently what killed him.
The name of the driver is not being released until family can be notified.
The accident remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: Driver dies after truck hits tree in Mason City
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- Truck hits light pole in Mason City
- Truck hits tree in Mower County
- Truck hits tree in Olmsted County
- Driver hits tree in Olmsted County
- WWII veteran dies in Mason City
- Students spending their day planting trees in Mason City
- Charles City driver hits utility pole
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City