STEWARTVILLE, Minn. - A rash of thefts have been reported in recent days in Stewartville.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said four different thefts have been reported, ranging from mail theft to items being taken from vehicles.
Here’s a timeline of the reported thefts:
6:24 a.m. Monday, 500 block of Maplebrook Dr. NE. - A bank card was taken from a purse that was left in a vehicle in the driveway. Items in the purse were scattered around the vehicle.
7:24 a.m. Monday, 200 block of 4th St. SE. - Thefts from two unlocked vehicles were reported. Around $40 in cash was missing. Grainy surveillance video showed four suspects.
5:58 p.m., 500 block of 6th St. NE. - A Mayo Clinic backpack with a stethoscope and a coffee tumble valued at $100 was taken. Four suspects were again seen on video.
600 block of 12th Ave. NE - During the overnight hours of Aug 5-6, a neighbor returned an open envelope to the residence after it had been opened. A check written to pay a bill that was inside the envelope was missing.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office is reminding residents to lock their cars and to never placed outgoing mail in the mailbox overnight.
- Authorities investigating after rash of thefts in southern MN town
- Authorities respond to crash involving school bus in southern MN
- Authorities: Around $10K worth of damage in southern MN burglary
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Missing house numbers put first responders at disadvantage in small southern MN town
- Authorities: Man eludes police at 120 mph in pursuit from southern MN to north Iowa
- Authorities: Southern MN man arrested after damaging residence with baseball bat
- Authorities: Woman who may be connected to multiple southern MN burglaries arrested