Scroll for more content...
Jared Kropf, 28, was arrested Tuesday night at 11:26 p.m. at 16305 245th St.
Kropf was wanted in connection to an incident from June 8 in the 900 block of 16th St. NE where authorities say a verbal argument escalated into Kropf pulling out a pocket knife and striking a victim in the face with the closed knife. He is facing charges of second-degree criminal mischief, willful injury and carrying weapons connected to the June incident.
Authorities say Kropf had the intent to cause serious injury. The victim suffered an orbital fracture on the right side of his face.
Kropf is also accused of damaging a 2008 Chevy Impala that belonged to the victim. He allegedly broke out windows, tail lights and the trunk of the car.
When arrested late Tuesday, police say Kropf did exit the vehicle before being apprehended and was found to be in possession of methamphetamine.
- Authorities: Man wanted for hitting man in face with knife arrested in Mason City
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after abusing woman
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Authorities: Mason City man fractures woman's orbital bone during argument
- Wanted man under arrest
- Authorities: Man found passed out in running car facing litany of charges in Mason City
- Wanted man arrested in Charles City
- Man facing 11 charges after Tuesday pursuit in Mason City
- Mason City man facing pair of burglary charges