Scroll for more content...
According to the Mitchell County call for service record, the man was eating lettuce he purchased from Wal-Mart in Mason City and had three fish hooks in his mouth.
Upon further inspection, he claims to have found seven fish hooks total in the lettuce.
The call for service was placed Monday at 5:49 p.m. No charges have been filed.
Wal-Mart says it has been made aware of the situation and issued the following statement Wednesday:
“We take this matter seriously and our customer will be completing our claims process so we can get to the bottom of what happened.”
- Authorities: Man claims to have found fish hooks in lettuce bought in Mason City
- "Spare Parts" Author in Mason City
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Authorities: Mason City man fractures woman's orbital bone during argument
- Authorities: Man found passed out in running car facing litany of charges in Mason City
- Authorities: Mason City woman found with stolen guns, 1 with scratched off serial number
- Authorities: Mason City couple found with 50-100 counterfeit licenses and IDs
- Mason City man sentenced for multiple burglaries
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts