Hancock County, Iowa – The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office on Friday released details involving a fatal crash.
The Sheriff’s Office says 59-year-old Charles Pennington, of Mason City, was killed during a Nov. 25 crash.
According to the crash report, Pennington’s vehicle was traveling westbound on Highway 18, crossing the centerline several times.
A witness called the Sheriff’s Office to report this. While on the phone, the vehicle crossed the centerline and struck a vehicle driven by 73-year-old James Brooks, of Garner. Brooks’ vehicle, a 2017 Chevy Silverado, ended up in the ditch.
The vehicle driven by Pennington, a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country van, ended up on the roadway. Pennington died at the scene.
Brooks was taken by ambulance to Hancock County Health System.
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Mason City fire officials ID woman killed in house fire
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- Authorities: Mason City couple found with 50-100 counterfeit licenses and IDs
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- "Spare Parts" Author in Mason City
- Authorities: Mason City man fractures woman's orbital bone during argument
- Authorities ID 2 people killed near Nora Springs in vehicle-train crash
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash