AUSTIN, Minn. – A Southgate fourth grader took first place in the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Fire Prevention Poster Contest.
About 435 fourth grader students from Banfield, Neveln, Southgate, Sumner, and Pacelli entered the contest and Rachel Kuhnke’s “Junior Fire Poster” was submitted and came in first in the state competition.
On Tuesday, Rachel received a letter of congratulations, a first place ribbon, a $75 check, and a copy of the MN Fire Chief magazine that featured her poster.
Principal Katie Baskins, Fire Chief Jim McCoy, Rachel Kuhnke, and Inspector Tim Hansen.
Rachel and her parents.
- Sunday fire in Austin
- Austin man takes plea on drug charge
- Austin takes the first step at state
- Minnesota woman's face is now on a wanted poster
- Man arrested after Austin garage fire
- Small kitchen fire in Austin extinguished quickly
- Austin man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl
- Girl rescued after falling through ice in Austin