CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - Clear Lake Police are investigating after an attempted armed robbery.
It happened at a home in the 500 block of 7th Avenue North Tuesday night at 6 p.m.. Police say they are searching for a suspect who the victim says knocked on their door and displayed a gun. The person never entered the home and no one was injured. Clear Lake police say "investigating officers have received conflicting information."
The victim says the person was wearing a green coat but did not get a good look at their face.
Police say while there is no direct threat to the public, it's important to be aware of this and continue locking your doors. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office and Iowa State Patrol assisted.
If you have any information you are asked to contact authorities.
- Attempted armed robbery in Cerro Gordo County has police investigating
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Investigation into unlicensed tattoo artist in Cerro Gordo County
- Rochester police investigating apparent armed robbery