UPDATE: As of 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Erie is listed in critical condition at St. Mary's Hospital.
LANSING, Minn. – One person suffered life-threatening injuries in a pickup/truck collision Monday afternoon.
The Minnesota State Patrol says it happened around 4:11 pm at the intersection of Highway 218 and 270th Street, west of Lansing. The westbound car driven by Jazmin Claudia Portillo, 18 of Austin, pulled out in front of the southbound truck driven by Burton Jay Iversen, 79 of Austin.
The State Patrol says Portillo suffered a non-life threatening injury and was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin. A passenger in her car, Megan Marie Erie, 17 of Austin, was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital with a life-threatening injury. Iversen was unharmed.
All three were wearing their seat belts.
The Mower County Sheriff’s Office, Austin Fire Department, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- UPDATE: Life-threatening injuries in Mower County collision
- UPDATE: Man facing life-threatening injuries after Olmsted County crash
- Mower County woman injured in Winona County collision
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Hayfield woman flown to the hospital with life-threatening injuries
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- UPDATE: "Soft lockdown" over in southern Mower County
- Big donation for Mower County United Way
- Truck hits tree in Mower County
- Crash on icy I-90 in Mower County