ROCHESTER, Minn. -- Between Tuesday and Thursday, around 400 Southeast Minnesota students in grades 3-5 from public, private, and home schools are attending the Young Authors, Young Artists Conference.
Kids chose classes to attend led by real authors and artists. The classes include sculpting, bookmaking, writing, and readers theater.
Best friends Chloe Grover from Chatfield and Thea Arrends from Lanesboro took a songwriting class together.
"We got to write our own song and I just love music," explains Grover.
"It's not every day you get to make music," adds Arrends.
The event was hosted at the Rochester Community and Technical College Heintz Center by the Southeast Service Cooperative.
- Area students participate in Young Authors, Young Artists Conference
- Young grillmasters
- Mason City school remembers a young student lost to cancer
- Students participate in robotics competition
- Ear infections common amoung young children
- An event for young professionals in Rochester
- EMS conference keeps area EMS providers informed
- Roller Derby growing for young athletes in Mitchell County
- Young People in Recovery program coming to Rochester