Scroll for more content...
Anthony Woodraska, 28, is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on the following charges:
- Two counts of second-degree felony theft.
- Three counts of felony forgery.
- One count of felony ongoing criminal conduct.
Prior to that on Aug. 7, Woodraska allegedly met a victim in the parking lot of 4151 4th St. SW in Mason City to purchase a 1998 Ford F-150 truck for $2,500.
The check used was verified by the victim’s bank to be fake and no funds were available. The defendant did receive the truck.
In June of this year, Woodraska allegedly stole a check book and used it in early August, using 14 checks totaling $966.25 at Hy-Vee locations in Mason City.
From Aug 4-7, he allegedly forged seven stolen checks at Hy-Vee Drugtown in Mason City totaling $535.49. The defendant was seen on CCTV during all seven forgeries purchasing merchandise, including alcohol and cigarettes.
Also during Aug 4-8, the defendant allegedly forged seven checks to Hy-Vee West in Mason City totaling $430.76. The defendant was seen on CCTV during all the forgeries, again purchasing alcohol and cigarettes.
- Alleged crime spree in Cerro Gordo County nets man with 6 felony charges
- Man facing felony forgery charge in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo Co. man held on felony sex abuse charge
- Man facing felony sexual abuse charge in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Man facing felony burglary charge for incident in rural Cerro Gordo county
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County