COLUMBUS JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 5-year-old boy was rescued from a community swimming pool in eastern Iowa.
The Columbus Junction Police Department says medics were sent to the Columbus Community Swimming Pool around 4:10 p.m. Wednesday to help the boy, who was unresponsive.
The boy eventually was resuscitated and then flown to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
The boy's name wasn't released.
- Boy rescued from eastern Iowa pool
- Mistrial in eastern Iowa murder
- Eastern Iowa homeless shelter is "overwhelmed"
- Deadly Christmas Day fire in eastern Iowa
- Body found in frozen eastern Iowa lake
- Man arrested after gunfire in eastern Iowa
- School bus crash in eastern Iowa
- Fundraising in eastern Iowa for "inclusive" playground
- 20-mile-long fish kill in eastern Iowa
- Tornadoes reported in eastern and southwestern Iowa