DUNKERTON, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say they're investigating the death of a child in northeastern Iowa.
The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office says deputies and medics were called to a Dunkerton home around 7:40 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a child not breathing. Officials say the child was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and pronounced dead.
An autopsy has been ordered.
Dunkerton is about 15 miles northeast of Waterloo.
Authorities were not releasing other details, including the child's name and age, Wednesday afternoon.
- Child's death under investigation in northeast Iowa
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Authorities investigate suspicious death of Iowa hunter
- Man goes missing in northeast Iowa
- Head-on collision in Northeast Iowa
- Murder charge filed against northeast Iowa man
- School evacuated after northeast Iowa fire
- Wind turbines coming down in northeast Iowa
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa
- Trial set in fatal northeast Iowa shooting