DES MOINES, Iowa – First Citizens Bank in Mason City and Clear Lake Bank & Trust Company are winners in the 4th annual “Give Back Iowa Challenge.”
It’s an eight-week campaign where businesses encourage employees to volunteer their time in April and May. First Citizens was named the 2018 winner in the small business category while Clear Lake Bank & Trust was given an honorable mention.
Organizers of the 2018 “Give Back Iowa Challenge” say they had 56 participating organizations that logged over 83,000 volunteer hours, a 39% increase from 2017.
“The winners of this year’s record-breaking Give Back Iowa Challenge truly understand what it means to be an Iowan,” says Governor Kim Reynolds. “Through service, Iowans are making the lives of others better and meeting community challenges, while also transforming their own lives.”
- Two North Iowa winners in volunteer challenge
- 80th Annual North Iowa Band Festival Winners
- North Iowa volunteers honored by RSVP
- Volunteer firefighters needed in north Iowa
- Fisher named North Iowa Band Festival Klempnauer Award winner
- Iowa leaning on newcomers in challenging opener
- Iowa wild turkey survey needs volunteers
- #InMyFeelings Challenge
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Underage winner of $50,000 Iowa lottery prize charged with fraud