ROCHESTER, Minn. – A woman is accused of cashing stolen checks.
Alie Staven, 22 of Rochester, is charged with felony forgery and possession of stolen checks. Police say she tried to cash an $8,200 check from a law firm on Tuesday at the Wells Fargo Bank on East Center Street. Police say that’s after she cashed a $4,000 check last week.
Officers say there was no sign of forced entry at the law firm and they are investigating how the checks were stolen.
- Woman accused of check forgery
- Not guilty pleas in Hancock County check forgeries
- North Iowa woman sentenced for forgery
- Woman facing felony forgery charge for falsifying check written from Worth Co. jail
- Worth County woman facing 2 counts of felony forgery
- Woman pleads guilty to forgery, not guilty to drugs
- Fisher pleads not guilty to forgery
- Winnebago County man pleads guilty to forgery
- Guilty plea in Mason City forgery case
- Chickasaw County woman accused of writing bad checks