MESERVEY, Iowa – A motorcycle rider is cited after a Friday night crash in Cerro Gordo County.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to the intersection of 120th Street and Balsam Avenue just before 9:30 pm. They say Shawn Lane, 48 of Thornton, was westbound on 120th, lost control of his 2012 Harley-Davidson cycle, and slid into the ditch.
Deputies say Lane did not require medical treatment for his minor injuries and the motorcycle sustained only minor damage. Deputies also say further investigation found that Lane was intoxicated at the time of the crash.
He’s been charged with OWI, operating a motor vehicle without a license, and failure to maintain control.
The Meservey and Thornton fire departments assisted at the scene.
- Rider charged after Cerro Gordo County motorcycle crash
- 2 transported after motorcycle crash in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Man facing felony forgery charge in Cerro Gordo County