FARIBAULT COUNTY, Minn. – The National Weather Service says a there was a brief and weak tornado touch down just east of Minnesota Lake on Friday.
This “landspout” tornado happened around 2:40 pm. They are narrow funnels that form while a thunderstorm is still grown and the spinning begins near the ground instead of in the sky. Experts say this land version of a waterspout generally does not cause any damage.
- Weak tornado confirmed in southern Minnesota
- UPDATE: Tornadoes confirmed across southern Minnesota
- Chase and arrest in southern MInnesota
- Arrest in southern Minnesota drug raid
- Foot of snow projected for southern Minnesota
- Chase and drug arrest in southern Minnesota
- Opposition growing to southern Minnesota wind projects
- Southern Minnesota rollover sends three to hospital
- Traffic updates from MnDOT in southern Minnesota
- Sentence issued in southern Minnesota sex assault