FARMINGTON TOWNSHIP, Minn. –Two people are hurt after a crash involving a pickup truck and three motorcycles.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Carl Henry Mancilman, 64 of Pine Island, was driving a truck west on Highway 247 when he crossed the center line into the eastbound lane. The Patrol says three people riding east on Harley Davidson motorcycles laid down their bikes to avoid a head-on collision with Mancilman’s truck.
Two of the motorcycle riders were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment. Michael Alvin Hoffman, 47 of Mankato, suffered what are described as life threatening injuries while Regino Ortega, 42 of Dodge Center, suffered injuries described as non-life threatening.
No one else was reportedly hurt in this incident, which happened around 11:27 am Saturday.
The sheriff’s Office of Olmsted and Wabasha counties, Elgin fire and ambulance, and Mayo One all assisted at the scene.
- Two motorcycle riders hurt in Olmsted County
- Rider hurt after Rochester motorcycle accident
- Motorcycle rider killed in Dodge County
- One hurt in Olmsted County crash
- Two hurt in Fillmore County motorcycle crash
- Rider charged after Cerro Gordo County motorcycle crash
- DUI charges possible after motorcycle crash in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: Florida man hurt in Olmsted County semi crash
- Two hurt in one car crash in Olmsted County
- Iowa motorcycle rider hits deer in southern Minnesota