ANAMOSA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say 22 inmates were involved in a prison fight at an eastern Iowa prison.
The Iowa Corrections Department says the fighting began around 7:45 a.m. Thursday in the main yard at the Anamosa State Penitentiary in Anamosa. Several prison staffers soon responded and took control of the situation, which lasted little more than a minute.
The department says none of the staffers was injured, and no inmates reported serious injuries.
The prison has further restricted inmate movement.
- Authorities say 22 inmates involved in Iowa prison yard fight
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Prison staff assaulted by inmate in Coralville
- Life in prison for Iowa sex trafficker
- Iowa farmer gets prison for bank fraud
- North Iowa counterfeiter going to prison
- Authorities investigate suspicious death of Iowa hunter
- Authorities respond to crash involving school bus in southern MN
- UPDATE: Authorities say former student involved in Riceville school threat
- Iowa man suspected of cockfighting involvement gets probation