Scroll for more content...
Larson, 59, died Tuesday, the Franklin County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
Larson began his law enforcement career in April of 1978 with the Belmond Police Department where he was promoted to Sergeant and Chief of Police in November of 1983.
He was hired by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office in 2006 and was promoted to Chief Deputy in 2008.
He also served as commander of the North Central Iowa Narcotics Task Force Special Operations for nearly six years.
In November of 2016, Linn was elected as Franklin County Sheriff.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
- Linn Larson, longtime North Iowa law enforcement leader, dies at 59
- Zimbabwe's Morgan Tsvangirai, longtime Mugabe foe, dies at age 65
- How does encryption affect local law enforcement?
- Local law enforcement receives tactical medicine training
- Trump praises law enforcement after slamming FBI
- Law enforcement source: Driver acted deliberately
- Iowa considering new immigration enforcement bill
- Iowa House approves expansive immigration enforcement bill
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Longtime Trump aide John McEntee fired