AUSTIN, Minn. – Several people are facing charges after a large fight led to a man getting hit by a car.
Keyoeonya Deshay Garrett, 19, has been booked into the Mower County Jail for 2nd degree assault, driving after suspension and disorderly conduct. Police say four others are also charged with disorderly conduct after a Monday night battle in Galloway Park that involved up to 20 people.
According to the Austin Police Department, witnesses say the situation began as a verbal argument that spread to social media. Police say physical confrontations then began at the Sterling Shopping Center and continued at various locations before ending at the park. Police say many of those involved in the fight were females from Austin.
A 21-year-old man told police he lives near Galloway Park and stepped out of his home around 10:30 pm to see what was causing such a disturbance. That’s when the man said he was hit by a car making a u-turn. Police say Garrett was driving the car. The man was checked at the scene by Gold Cross Ambulance crews but police say he refused medical attention
- Austin police say up to 20 involved in Monday night brawl
- Charges filed in Minnesota City Council brawl
- Austin convenience store was robbed Sunday night
- Fleeing police sends Austin man to prison
- Austin man arrested after police chase
- Austin Police officer shoots pit bull
- Austin police looking for armed robbers
- Austin man injured in head on crash Monday afternoon
- SAW: Austin soccer
- Sunday fire in Austin