CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – A Mason City man is now facing federal drug charges.
Joseph Angel Luna, 28, has been indicted for conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance and distribution of a controlled substance. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Iowa says Luna worked with Brenda Ruehlow to distribute methamphetamine in September 2009.
Ruehlow is charged with conspiracy, possession with intent to distribute, and distribution of meth.
Luna was one of three people arrested after the search of a Forest City home on December 17, 2017. He was charged with a controlled substance violation and accused of delivering meth to a cooperating informant for the North Central Iowa Narcotics Task Force in April 2017. That state charge has now been dismissed to make way for his federal prosecution.
The other two arrested with Luna, Valerie and Audrey O’Dell of Forest City, are still scheduled to stand trial in Winnebago County on May 9 on drug and child endangerment charges.
- Federal drug indictment filed against Mason City man
- Floyd County drug charges filed against Mason City man
- Mason City man sentenced for drugs
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Mason City man pleads guilty to federal meth crimes
- Mason City man gets 10 years in federal prison
- Mason City man pleads guilty to federal gun crime
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Drug charges against Mason City men
- Mason City woman arrested on drug charges