Surveillance video released by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office in Fort Myers, Florida, shows Lois Riess talking with a woman she is accused of murdering.
Related: A nationwide search for Lois Riess is underway.
The video was released Monday morning as the search for Riess, wanted in connection to the death of her husband in Blooming Prairie, Minnesota, and 59-year-old Pamela Sellers Hutchinson in southern Florida, continues.
The video shows Riess talking to Hutchinson April 5 at the Smokin' Oyster Brewery in Fort Myers Beach.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office in Fort Myers said Friday that Riess was suspected of being near Corpus Christi, Texas, and should not be approached.
Related: The search for Lois Riess.
Authorities in Florida say Riess befriended Hutchinson due to similarities in their appearance. They say Hutchinson was found with “fatal gunshot wounds” and that her purse was “in disarray" early last week.
David Riess was found March 23 in rural Blooming Prairie, dead from multiple gunshots. Investigators have been searching for Lois, 56, ever since.
Law enforcement say they believe that after David Riess was killed, Lois Riess transferred nearly $10,000 from his business account into his personal account and then forged her husband’s signature on three checks to herself for $11,000.
- Surveillance video released of Lois Riess before alleged murder
- Reward offered for information leading to arrest of Lois Riess (with new surveillance video)
- Evidence in Lois Riess case released to the public
- U.S. Marshals now looking for Lois Riess
- Lois Riess now facing the death penalty
- Lois Riess makes court appearance in Florida
- Lois Riess pleads not guilty to Florida murder
- Nationwide search underway for Lois Riess, now tied to 2 murders (with video of press conference)
- Lois Riess captured in Texas as nationwide search ends
- Florida gets first crack at accused killer Lois Riess