UPDATE: The doors at Ruby Tuesday in Mason City are closed for good. Staff tell KIMT they ran out of food Friday night and do not plan to re-open. Staff say their final night was a busy one with people coming in for one last meal.
MASON CITY, Iowa - Staff at Ruby Tuesday in Mason City tell KIMT they will be closing their doors for good.
Shift lead manager, Jessie McCready, says staff learned about the closure abruptly on Thursday afternoon. McCready, who has worked at the restaurant for 6 years, says they were shocked and saddened by the news. She says their goal is to stay open through Saturday but fear they will run out of food before then.
McCready tells KIMT the previous owner sold the building to the owners of Las Palmas, a Mexican restaurant in Mason City. She says Ruby Tuesday opened in Mason City on December 20, 2010.
- UPDATE: Ruby Tuesday in Mason City closes early
- UPDATE: Multi-agency search Tuesday at Mason City location
- Water valve replacement closing Mason City street
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Charge changed in Mason City killing
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified
- UPDATE: Unattended candle caused Mason City fire
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- Two-car accident Tuesday afternoon in Mason City
- Man facing 11 charges after Tuesday pursuit in Mason City