FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) — Webster County authorities say a woman who fell from a pickup truck died after being struck by a car following the pickup.
Deputies and medics were sent around 8:45 p.m. Friday to the scene just north of Fort Dodge on U.S. Highway 169. The Iowa State Patrol says 29-year-old Sarah Jensen fell from the truck driven by 31-year-old Joshua Jensen, also of Newell. The patrol says the car that then struck her was driven by 31-year-old Cynthia Andrews, of Joplin, Missouri.
Sarah Jensen was pronounced dead later at a Fort Dodge hospital.
The patrol report doesn't say how Jensen fell from the pickup.
- Iowa woman who fell from pickup fatally struck by car
- Woman, daughter hit by pickup truck
- Iowa baby struck by softball may have suffered brain damage
- Trial set in fatal northeast Iowa shooting
- Pickup truck rollover in Freeborn County
- Three pickup collision in Olmsted County.
- Iowa police: Pickup rolls atop man at drive-thru, killing him
- Fatal car accident in Goodhue County
- UPDATE: Pedestrian hospitalized after being struck by car in Freeborn County
- Fatality statistics suggest Iowa roads were safer last year