Scroll for more content...
Darrell Wigham, arrested in connection to an Austin house fire Wednesday that left two people running for safety to the home’s roof, has been charged with three counts of attempted first-degree murder and three counts of attempted first-degree murder with intent while committing a felony in Mower County.
Authorities say that one person said they had an altercation with Wigham and that he grabbed a can of paint thinner and spread it on a door and in the house Tuesday night.
Wigham allegedly came back in the early-morning hours and threatened to burn the house down.
Two people inside the house awoke to the flames blocking their way downstairs Wednesday morning and were forced to evacuate the house on the roof before being rescued.
Authorities say an alibi Wigham gave police didn’t check out.
- Man facing attempted murder charges in relation to Austin fire
- Man facing burglary charge in Austin
- Eastern Iowa man charged with attempted murder in stabbing
- 2 facing assault, terroristic threats charges after gun-related incidents
- Man pleads not guilty to attempted murder and arson in Austin
- Sunday fire in Austin
- Austin man takes plea on drug charge
- Lakota man facing murder charge in Kossuth County
- Man arrested after Austin garage fire
- Update: Man wanted in Northwood stabbing facing attempted murder charge, race played a role in crime, authorities say