MASON CITY, Iowa - Mason City High School released a statement saying in part:
"The safety and well-being of our students and staff are the number one priority of the Mason City Community Schools. At no time during the investigation of this incident was there a direct threat to students or staff."
The school district says they will continue to work closely with the Mason City Police Department on this investigation.
MASON CITY, Iowa - Police say a juvenile is facing charges for a threat of terrorism in connection to a school threat Friday at Mason City High School.
Police say the MCPD School Resource Officer was alerted at 4 p.m. Friday about someone saying they were going to bring a weapon to school to harm others.
The student who made the threat was referred to Juvenile Court Services on charges related to the incident.
Iowa law prohibits information to be released that would identify the student involved.
- UPDATE: Mason City police: Juvenile charged after threat toward school
- Mason City police say juveniles facing felony charges for Verizon burglary
- UPDATE: Charge changed in Mason City killing
- Juvenile in custody after school threat in southern MN
- Police: Mason City man charged for choking out woman
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Unattended candle caused Mason City fire
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- UPDATE: Motorcycle accident in Mason City
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified