MASON CITY – Mason City police say three people were injured after being hit by a car Wednesday night around 6:20 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Monroe Ave.
Officers say the driver, 27-year-old Kaysha Baltierra, was headed southbound when she hit the three.
18-year-old Cheyan Blackburn was among the three hit and was taken to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa along with a 15-year-old female and 16-year-old male from Mason City.
The extent of the injuries of those hit range from minor to potentially severe.
Baltierra was not injured and was cited for Failure to Prove Security Against Liability.
The investigation into how this happened is ongoing. Police do say the area is very dimly lit.
- UPDATE: Three people hurt after being hit by a car in Mason City
- UPDATE: Two hurt in collision north of Mason City
- Update: Both cars a total loss after Mason City accident
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- Truck hits light pole in Mason City
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- UPDATE: Britt man hurt in crash near the Mason City airport
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Charge changed in Mason City killing
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified