Photo Gallery 7 Images
For the latest on this story, click here.
ROCHESTER, Minn. – A GameStop employee was knocked out after getting hit in the head with a hammer before awaking and running to a nearby business to get help.
Rochester police say the 23-year-old male employee remembers two people asking him about games before waking up covered in blood Monday night around 8:50 p.m. at 3780 Marketplace Dr. NW.
Police say the males – described in their early 20s, around 5-foot-9 - were wearing skinny jeans with boots. One was wearing a ski mask that partially hid his face.
The victim was unconscious for about five minutes before going to Cold Stone to ask for help.
The suspect took items valued at $1,000 and the victim suffered a 4-5 centimeter laceration on his head and was taken to the hospital.
- UPDATE: Man ends up covered in blood after being hit in head with hammer working at GameStop
- Man arrested for GameStop hammer attack was playing stolen device when officers arrived
- Guilty plea in GameStop robbery
- Officials say a man hit his roommate over the head with a hammer
- Not guilty plea in GameStop robbery
- Second not guilty plea in GameStop robbery
- 2nd person arrested in connection to brutal GameStop attack
- Neighboring business reacts to second arrest made in GameStop robbery
- Man charged after homeless man said he was thrown out of house, hit with hammer
- Rochester police: Man attacks family members with hammer