COLUMBUS JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) - Police in southeastern Iowa say the owner of a construction company has died after an excavated area where he was working caved in.
Columbus Junction police say 52-year-old Anthony Hills, owner of Hills Construction, was working on a sewer repair when the collapse happened Friday afternoon.
Ten agencies from the area responded to the scene.
Police say an investigation by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been launched into the death.
- Cave-in kills owner of construction company
- Construction Job Fair
- Southeast Minnesota construction kickoff
- Prestage pork plant construction advancing
- Construction underway at Northwood-Kensett
- Minnesota company recalls canned chicken
- Biotech company consolidating in Rochester
- Officials concerned about Iowa construction road deaths
- Tackling road construction confusion in Mason City
- Highway 122 construction safety changes being made