COLUMBUS JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) - Police in southeastern Iowa say the owner of a construction company has died after an excavated area where he was working caved in.
Columbus Junction police say 52-year-old Anthony Hills, owner of Hills Construction, was working on a sewer repair when the collapse happened Friday afternoon.
Ten agencies from the area responded to the scene.
Police say an investigation by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been launched into the death.
- Cave-in kills owner of construction company
- UPDATE: Company comments on Forest City man killed in Fort Dodge construction accident
- UPDATE: Construction site cave in closes lane of traffic in Rochester
- Minnesota man killed by Iowa business owner
- Iowa business owner won't be charged for killing Minnesota man
- Construction Job Fair
- Southeast Minnesota construction kickoff
- 'Everyone is safe' Thai cave rescue is completed.
- Thai soccer team finally free from the flooded cave
- Prestage pork plant construction advancing