ROCHESTER, Minn. – Rochester police say two roommates were involved in a domestic situation Dec. 30.
Police say around 5 a.m. in the 800 block of Village Circle SE. 28-year-old Brandon Knowles came home intoxicated. Police say the victim, a 21-year-old male roommate, was trying to sleep and asked Knowles to turn the music down. The argument turned physical when Knowles came after the victim with a Samurai sword.
Police say the victim walked away and Knowles hit the door with the sword. A female at the scene helped break up the fight.
Knowles is facing charges of second-degree assault, fifth-degree domestic assault (because the two were roommates) and disorderly conduct.
- Roommate fight escalates into 1 man using sword
- Sword-swinger sentenced in Rochester
- Police: Man arrested for stealing decorative swords pawned off items
- Roommate charged in southeast Iowa slaying
- Accused sword thief to get a mental exam
- Officials say a man hit his roommate over the head with a hammer
- Fighting heat when fighting fires
- Police: 8 swords taken from home as boy, 14, awoke to intruder in house
- Oronoco man sentenced for fight with neighbor
- Fighting for equal pay