Scroll for more content...
Rochester police say 31-year-old Phillip Berg entered a residence Jan. 31 at 2:30 a.m. in the 900 block of 2nd Ave. NW.
After giving the woman a plumbing pipe, Berg was located around 4:40 on Monday in a vehicle near 4th St. and 10th Ave. SE.
Police say an officer positioned a squad car to block in Berg and he was ordered out of his vehicle at gunpoint. Berg, however, took off in his car and short pursuit reaching speeds of 60 miles per hour ensued.
Berg lost control of the vehicle, it crashed into a ditch and rolled. Berg jumped out of the passenger door and toward a parking lot near Cub Foods.
Berg has been charged with first-degree burglary, violation of harassment restraining order, fleeing officer in a motor vehicle and fleeing an officer on foot.
- Man facing multiple charges after breaking into woman's house, running from police
- Police: Mason City man facing 3 felony burglary charges for breaking into storage units
- Mason City man facing felony forgery charge, attempts to run from police
- Mason City man and woman facing 4 felony drug charges
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Police: Man facing charges after 2 stabbed in Rochester
- Man pleads not guilty to multiple drug charges
- Search warrant leads to multiple drug charges
- Howard County teen charged with multiple burglaries
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges