FOREST CITY, Iowa- Three local businesses are shutting their doors this month after serving the Forest City community for more than 40 years.
Hardee's in downtown, across from Waldorf University, has a note on their entrance letting customers know of their closure; Forest City Foods will close as well - both establishments have been in Forest City for two decades. The Lodge in Forest City has also closed their restaurant as of the 3rd.
“I have been to all three of those places,” says Karen Perry, of Fertile.
Perry says she stops in Forest City on a regular basis for sporting events as well as fine arts shows and the news of the local restaurants closing is echoing throughout the surrounding area.
“It’s just always sad when you see places close,” she said. “Forest City is a great place, and I know they will find new places to fill those buildings.”
Another local business owner agrees, saying this is going to have a huge impact on the Forest City community.
“Forest City Foods is always the quick easy jump in there and grab it and get out right away,” says Julie Keely, owner of Scooby Doo’s Ice Cream and More.
In the end, Keely and Perry hope the community can rebound with more opportunities.
“New places, new opportunities will come better fit the city and the surrounding area,” says Perry.
- Many Forest City businesses closing their doors
- SAW: Forest City's Sam Snyder
- SAW: Forest City's Brea Dillavou
- SAW: Forest City's Callie McQuown
- Forest City takes part in walking audit
- Forest City leaning on experience this season
- Teens arrested for drugs in Forest City
- Four caught in Forest City drug raid
- Forest City home damaged by fire
- Forest City teen accused of five burglaries