AUSTIN, Minn. – A man has been accused of holding a pair a scissors to the throat of a 17-year-old woman.
Austin police say 49-year-old Jeremy Reid Johnson is facing charges of 2nd degree assault and false imprisonment. Police officers and Mower County sheriff’s deputies were called to Jim’s Marketplace on 11th Street NE at 8:30 pm on Wednesday. Johnson reportedly approached the cashier from behind and held the scissors to her throat and chest area.
Witnesses say Johnson ordered everyone to back away and that he was saying strange things.
A perimeter was set up around the store and police say they could see Johnson and the cashier through the window. The 17-year-old eventually got away from Johnson and ran to the back of the store, at which point he was arrested.
Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger says it appears this was a random attack. Officers say Johnson told them he had eaten plant food before it happened.
- Man arrested in grocery store attack
- Austin man pleads not guilty in grocery store assault
- Community of Byron losing a grocery store, gaining a gas station
- Second arrest in space heater attack
- Man sentenced for robbing ice cream store
- Rochester man sentenced in bleach attack
- Wanted man under arrest
- Man arrested for GameStop hammer attack was playing stolen device when officers arrived
- New: 1 arrested, 1 wanted in NE Iowa attack that left man with life-threatening injuries
- 2nd person arrested in connection to brutal GameStop attack