CRESCO, Iowa – An Austin man is pleading guilty to a 2014 break in in Howard County.
40-year-old Dustin Palfrey Cummings was accused of burglarizing the Prairie’s Edge Nature Center in June 2014. A witness says he loaded computers stolen from the Nature Center into her truck. Other witnesses reported seeing Cummings in the area and that he was seen carrying a bag of tools that could have been used in the crime. Law enforcement also says Cummings had a 22. caliber rifle in possession at the time, even though he has a previous felony conviction.
Prosecution was delayed because Cummings was convicted of similar crimes in Wisconsin in August 2014. He was released from Wisconsin prison in June 2017.
Cummings has entered a guilty plea to attempted 3rd degree burglary.
He's been sentenced to two years of probation.
- Austin man pleads guilty in NE Iowa burglary
- Man pleads not guilty in NE Iowa livestock neglect
- Austin man pleads guilty to meth crime
- Austin man pleads guilty to knife threat
- Austin teen pleads not guilty to attempted burglary
- Freeborn County man pleads guilty to burglary
- Drug arrest in NE Iowa
- Northeast Iowa teen pleads guilty to multiple burglaries
- Iowa man pleads guilty in Olmsted County
- Nursing assistant in NE Iowa pleads guilty in patient sex abuse case