Scroll for more content...
Authorities say 26-year-old Terry Lee Grotegut Jr., of Waukon, is facing charges for felony motor vehicle theft, theft by swindle, theft with counterfeit currency, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and weapons charges for having brass knuckles.
Grotegut Jr. bought a 1998 Audi A-4 around 8:30 p.m. Saturday at a convenience store and was found at a Kwik Trip in Spring Valley.
Grotegut Jr. said he didn’t know about the counterfeit bills and said he sold a motorcycle earlier in the day and used that cash from that to buy the car. A small amount of methamphetamine was found on him.
- Iowa man charged with felony theft for using fake $100 bills
- Police: Mason City man facing felony forgery charge after being in possession of fake $50 bills
- Man clocked going 96 on I-35 in north Iowa charged with felony theft
- Mason City man accused of felony burglary, theft in Ames
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- Stewartville man facing felony drug charge
- Iowa man sentenced for role in faking deaths for insurance
- NE Iowa man facing felony charge for destroying toilet in jail cell
- Boy, 14, charged with felony theft, many other crimes in Rochester
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge for strangulation