Mitchell County, Iowa – Authorities say a dead deer on the road played a role in a head-on collision Tuesday night in Mitchell County.
Mitchell County sheriff Greg Beaver said two people were life-flighted to Mayo Clinic in Rochester after a call came in around 6:30 p.m.
Beaver said there was a dead deer in the road on Foothill Ave. just north of Highway 9 when a driver swerved to avoid it and hit another vehicle head-on.
A female and male driver were both life-flighted. Those involved have not yet been identified.
The male suffered a severe broken leg, according to Beaver.
- 2 life-flighted after head-on crash in Mitchell County
- Charge filed in deadly Mitchell County crash
- Plea deal in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Probation in fatal Mitchell County crash
- New Mitchell County supervisor appointed
- Mitchell County Special Election Results
- Mitchell County facing doctor shortage
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mitchell County crash