Scroll for more content...
According to the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office, 41-year-old Brooke Sanchez-Peterson, of Mason City, was transported to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa after an accident at 245th St. and Quail Ave.
Upon arrival, deputies found a 2017 Nissan Sentra down and embankment resting against a tree. Sanchez-Peterson was traveling southbound on Kentucky Ave. in Mason City which turns into Quail Ave. when she lost control due to icy conditions.
The ice caused her to slide through the stop sign at the intersection and down the embankment, authorities said. Her injuries were described as minor.
- 1 suffers injuries in Cerro Gordo Co. crash
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- 2 transported after motorcycle crash in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Rider charged after Cerro Gordo County motorcycle crash