STEWARTVILLE, Minn. – A Pure Pleasure employee was stabbed in the leg with a knife after trying to apprehend a shoplifter Wednesday morning.
Authorities said a male and female were in the store at 7:03 a.m. when they left and the anti-theft alarm went off.
The two went back inside and the male took out a cologne tester bottle from his pocket, and when the employee said the cops were going to be called the male ran out the back door.
The male employee chased after him and a struggle ensued before the male pulled out a knife and stabbed the employee in the thigh, according to the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities said the female picked up the male in a gold car that had a possible broken window and they left the scene.
The male is described as white with scruffy facial hair who stands around 5-foot-9 and maybe around 30 years of age. The female is described as white, heavier set with multi-colored hair.
The employee was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital.
- Update: Pure Pleasure employee stabbed after man tried to shoplift cologne
- 2 arrested in connection to Pure Pleasure stabbing, robbery
- Probation for Walmart shoplifter
- Man suspected of shoplifting now facing drug charges
- Final sentence in Fleet Farm shoplifting
- UPDATE: One person stabbed in southeast Rochester
- Two citizens help foil shoplifting attempt at Rochester mall
- Mason City man charged with a stabbing
- Man pleads not guilty in Rochester stabbing
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings