Scroll for more content...
At 6 p.m. Tuesday, officers were called after three males had cut locks in the men’s locker room. Police say one victim received a call from his bank and that there were two attempted purchases totaling $2,800 ($2,000 cash advance form Walgreens and $800 purchase at the Buckle). There was also a $267 charge from Macy’s.
A license plate number was obtained and officers made contact with 22-year-old Mahamed Said, of Minneapolis who gave police an ID that wasn’t his.
Police recovered the stolen wallets from the vehicle, a pair of bolt cutters and a small amount of marijuana.
Said is facing charges for giving a false name to police, financial transaction card fraud, possession of stolen property and possession of burglary tools. He also had two active warrants out of Dakota County.
- 1 of 3 wanted in connection to locker thefts under arrest
- Arrest made in connection to cemetery thefts in Floyd County
- Wanted man under arrest
- 2 arrested in connection to Austin shooting
- Man wanted in connection to Cold Stone robbery arrested while at work
- Teen arrested for Rochester auto theft
- Arrest made in Cresco SUV theft
- Rochester woman arrested again for mail theft
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Identity theft arrest in Mason City