MASON CITY, Iowa – One person was injured and a road was closed after an early-morning crash.
Christopher Sepulveda-Karry, 24, of Mason City, was heading eastbound on 1st St. NE in a Chevy Cobalt and drove into a legally-parked van. The front part of the Cobalt ended up underneath the van. The crash happened at 3:24 a.m.
Both vehicles were severely damaged.
Mason City Fire assisted and used power saws to separate the two vehicles.
The road was closed from East State St. to N. Connecticut Ave. near the Stockman House. It has since reopened.
Sepulveda-Karry was taken by ambulance for non-life threatening injuries.
- Updated: 1 injured, two vehicles severely damaged after early-morning Mason City crash
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- Two vehicles totaled after Mason City crash
- Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- UPDATE: Ruby Tuesday in Mason City closes early
- Vehicles crash in lane changed for Mason City road construction
- No serious injuries following two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- Mason City man injured in rollover crash in Mower County