White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Wednesday she wasn't aware that President Donald Trump knew of a payment made by his personal lawyer to the porn actress Stormy Daniels in October 2016.
And she said she didn't know whether Trump had spoken to his lawyer, Michael Cohen, over the past week.
Answering questions from CNN's Jeff Zeleny, Sanders said the President has denied having a sexual relationship with Daniels.
"The President has addressed these directly and made very well clear that none of these allegations are true. It has already been won in arbitration. Anything in addition to that I would refer you to the President's outside counsel," Sanders said.
- Sarah Sanders defends Trump's shifting story on porn star payment
- Sarah Sanders says -- as far as she knows -- Trump didn't know of porn star payment
- Will Trump disclose porn star payment?
- Sarah Sanders tweet raises questions
- Why Sarah Sanders should quit
- Campaign complaint filed over reported Trump porn star payment
- Trump files annual financial disclosure; could reveal porn star payment
- Sarah Sanders and the sexism of women
- Van Jones comes to Sarah Sanders' defense
- Sarah Sanders defends Jackson's 'impeccable' record