A former teacher appeared in a Portland courtroom Thursday morning to face sex abuse charges.
Dale Buckendahl, 53, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment.
Prosecutors claim Buckendahl abused an underage girl about 10 years ago when he was a substitute teacher.
That girl is now 18-years old and has filed a $6.2 million lawsuit against the Reynolds School District in connection with the alleged abuse.
The lawsuit claims Beaverton High School had suspended Buckendahl for inappropriate behavior in 2002, several years before the alleged abuse occurred.
It also claims the state had revoked Buckendahl's right to apply for a teacher's license the next year.
FOX 12 has reached out to the Reynolds School District, but district officials have not yet commented on the case.
- Former Reynolds substitute teacher facing sex abuse charges, district facing $6.2M lawsuit
- Cardinal Pell facing historic sex abuse charges
- 'Dancing doctor' faces malpractice lawsuits
- Church youth leader facing child sex charges
- PD: Substitute teacher ran 'fight club' at school
- Facebook already faces lawsuit under GDPR
- Security guard at CREC school faces sex assault charges
- Turpin parents facing more charges in case of abused children
- Cardinal George Pell to face trial on historical abuse charges
- Winery Owners Face Wiretapping Charges